Last week one of the 3 Gifts I was on the look-out for was a gift unwanted. I was wondering what it would look like because the only gifts I've ever opened that were unwanted were re-gifted gifts. You know, the ones where the seal is already broken on the box and someone gave it to you because they didn't want it. But even then, the Pollyanna side of me always says, "Well, it's the thought that counts." And then I always try to use the gift with that in mind. But I specifically gave this unwanted gift dare special attention and found that the unwanted gift was in me. As long as I have been on the Joy Dare I have been more positive and grateful than usual. So when I started complaining the other day and my son Riley had to remind me of my bloggy spot "Smile Awhile" I had to smile. Since the Joy Dare, any negative or complaining thoughts in my head are unwanted by myself and those closest to me who are caring enough to point it out. If we view our children as teachers instead of trophies, we will submit ourselves to the lessons we learn from God at their hands. Lessons of patience, of creative problem solving and in this instance with Riley - lessons of accountability. Thank you, Lord, for helping me find a gift unwanted through the eyes and ears of my son.
No comments:
Post a Comment